Amaya, Ines and Carolina asked their mums for fun facts and memories on their motherhoods.
1. What is the funniest memory you have of your daughter / children? When they were little and spoke Spanish with a French accent rolling the R’s
2. What about being a mum is the least and the most fun? To hurt them wanting to help is the most sad and painful / the most fun to learn, share and enjoy life with you
3. Do you consider yourself a scolding, super cool, strict, complice, all of the above? Strict and nagging
4. If you had to give one advice to a person who has just been a mother, what would it be? There are no recipes / the children need to have a mother who loves them and teaches them to fend for themselves
5. What was your first thought when you first saw your first baby? The most painful and happy moment of my life
1. What is your funniest memory of one of your children?The funny thing was to see my daughter when she was 6 years old, on the day of her return to Lima, freshly arrived from Paris, dressed in Cyrillus: small flats and red flared shoes surrounded by all the children in jeans and sneakers - an alien.
2. What is the most and least funny aspect of being a mother? The least funny is certainly to see your child suffer; the most wonderful is to get into bed with your children to watch the movie of their choice.
3. Do you consider yourself a scolding, super cool, strict, complicit mummy or all the previous ones? A pinch of each!
4. If you had to give advice to a young mother, which one would it be? Do not worry, you'll learn your role as a mother "on the job"
5. What was your first thought when you saw your first child for the first time?In the delivery room? Between the doctor, the midwives and a father who is about to faint !!!! a marvel ….
1. What is the funniest memory you have of your daughter / children? The time I sent my daughter to school in a “malnourished chicken” costume. She was about 6 years old and she had to go with a chicken costume but I decided to not rent a costume and just made one by hand with paper. When we arrived to school I couldn’t stop laughing because she was the only one with a handmade costume and she looked like a malnourished chicken!
2. What about being a mom is the least and the most fun? The least fun part is the late nights, those are horrible! But the most fun is all the rest.
3. Do you consider yourself a scolding, super cool, strict, complice, all of the above? An accomplice!
4. If you had to give one advice to a person who has just been a mother, what would it be? That she sleeps a lot!
5. What was your first thought when you first saw your first baby? I remember feeling a great emotion and I thought: oh god, the work that awaits me!